I guess there are as many versions of the shrimp cocktail as there are cooks, but my absolute favourite is this one. One avocado halved, stone removed and then the dent filled with mayonaise and small alaskan shrimps.
It’s so easy and quick to prepare, if you have ripe avocados available that is. Do not try to make this with unripe avocados, it will just make you angry.
- 1 avocado
- 2 tbs mayonaise
- 1/2 cup shrimp
- black pepper
- lemon juice
- Wash the avocado with suitable veggie detergent. Cut the avocado in half and remove the stone.
- Add 1 tbs of mayonaise in each avocado half.
- Top the avocado with shrimp, divide the amount of shrimp so its enough for both avocado halves.
- Sprinkle some black pepper on top of the shrimp
- Serve on a plate with a spoon. It is messy and you will want to lick your fingers after the dinner..